Giving back to the community is a pillar of Nationwide’s culture, and its pleased to recognize agents who serve their communities through our Agent Community Service Award. Each year, Nationwide recognizes six regional winners, and from that group one agent is named the national winner.
This year, Nationwide present Brent Johnson with the national 2020 Agent Community Service Award. Johnson is the principal agent of Brent Johnson & Associates and the President of Peak Insurance Group. Johnson stood out from his peers by getting his whole agency staff of more than 30 people involved in giving back to their community.
Stronger together, the agency’s community impact
Brent’s desire to support families goes deep, and his family’s experience with cancer made him want to repay what organizations like the Ronald McDonald House do for families in similar situations. By allowing his staff the flexibility to give back during work hours, he sparked an agency-wide desire to help organizations that touch their lives. To fuel charitable giving, Brent also launched a company donation match program—for every donation made (up to $1,000 per employee), the agency would match the donation.
The agency staff has been involved with many charities over the past year, and they also collectively select areas of focus each quarter. These quarterly efforts include supporting the Ronald McDonald House for Brenner Children’s Hospital and the US Marine Corps Mud Run North Carolina. The team also helped start the school year by gathering school supplies for a “Stuff the Bus” effort. And to end the year, the group raised more than $1,100 for local food pantry outpost, Hiddenite Community Helpers.
A Nationwide thank you
Nationwide is proud to be associated with the many talented and dedicated agents. The five regional winners receive a plaque and $1,000 donated to the nonprofit of their choice, and the national winner receives a plaque and $5,000 nonprofit donation.
This year’s winners are:
- Brent Johnson (SRO)—Peak Insurance Group, Winston-Salem NC; 2020 national award winner; Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC
- Danny Gill (CARO)—Infuse Insurance, Beckley WV; The Safehaven Campaign
- Andy Grove (NERO)—Grove Financial & Associates, Inc., Mechanicsburg PA; The PA Breast Cancer Coalition
- Dawnyel Smink (SWRO)—Canyon Lands Insurance, Mesa AZ; Make-A-Wish Arizona
- LeeAnn Vandervort (MWRO)—IMA, Inc., Wichita KS; The Treehouse
- Mike Willits (WRO)—Pacific Crest Services Inc., Eagle ID; CATCH, Inc.