A recent survey conducted online by Harris Poll on behalf of Nationwide found that 78 percent of small-business owners say they are at least somewhat overwhelmed by government regulations.
Retirement plans are technical and highly regulated. The good news is business owners don’t have to go it alone. They can get help alleviating some of the burden of:
- Helping employees with personalized retirement readiness reports
- Offering employee education and communication sessions
- Delivering personalized, local support for business owners and employees
- Handling the investment selection and monitoring
- Drafting plan documents
- Completing annual filings required by the DOL, IRS and other governmental agencies
- Offering resources to help manage retirement plan legal responsibilities
- Managing employee communications about the plan
Visit Nationwide’s 401(k) website for business owners for more information about the resources, support and options the company offers in its retirement plans.
The Small Business Owner Study was conducted online by Harris Poll on behalf of Nationwide from June 10-23, 2016. Respondents comprised 502 U.S. small business owners of companies with less than 300 employees – “business owners”, including 185 small business owners who currently offer 401(k)’s and plan to increase contributions and 102 small business owners who don’t currently offer 401(k)’s but plan to in the future. Results are weighted to be representative of small-business owners in the U.S. Research participants were drawn from the Harris Poll Online (HPOL) research panel and partner sample. Because the sample is based on those who were invited to participate in the HPOL panel, estimates of theoretical sampling error cannot be calculated. Percentages were rounded to the nearest whole percent. Differences in the sums of combined categories/answers are due to rounding.