We’re all experiencing changes in our lives that we could never have imagined, and it’s becoming clear that it will continue to be challenging to predict what’s ahead for the next several weeks or months.
I want to take a moment to update you on what Nationwide is doing to lessen the burden for members and partners. While Nationwide will comply with legal and regulatory orders, we are taking the following additional steps:
Property & Casualty
- Personal Auto– Many customers are currently experiencing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. To get relief in the hands of our customers quickly and simply, we are offering a one-time premium refund of $50 per policy for personal auto policies active as of March 31, 2020. The premium refund and timing are subject to individual state regulatory approval. See our FAQ.
- Home, Auto and Business – If you’ve experienced hardship due to COVID-19, we can suspend the cancellation of some policies, defer payment deadlines, and waive some late fees. Home and auto customers can contact us at 877-669-6877, and business customers can reach us at 888-508-8622.
- Business – We recognize business customers may be incurring rapidly changing or new exposures in an attempt to remain viable. Nationwide will provide coverage for most existing restaurant and retailer exposures who now engage in delivery service due to COVID-19 restrictions. And, given the challenges created by COVID-19, you may request mid-term adjustments related to reducing exposures for your customers.
- Claims – Claims reporting continues to be available around the clock. We will continue to process claims in a way that keeps both our customers and associates safe. As with any situation, Nationwide will continue to carefully review every claim submitted by customers on an individual basis. For specific questions, please contact your claims representative at 877-669-6877.
- Pet – For our customers who have pet health questions but are unable to visit the veterinarian, our 24/7 vethelpline® is always available at no charge: 855-331-2833.
For the fastest service 24/7, we encourage customers to sign up for online account access. To take advantage of all online account management tools, including electronic payment options, visit www.nationwide.com. If you have concerns not addressed above, please use our Contact Us page that provides phone numbers by product for assistance.
Unfortunately, we also recognize the spread of COVID-19 across the globe is driving unprecedented volatility in financial markets with impacts that will extend beyond 2020. For many of us, the thought of not reacting to the daily market fluctuations is more challenging than ever. In times like these, Nationwide and our partners are here to talk with you about your options. Our goal is to minimize disruption and deliver the protection and service our customers and partners expect.
- Nationwide and our partners are available to talk with members, educating them about their accounts and helping to address their concerns.
- Life insurance participants can call regarding their premium if they are experiencing a hardship due to COVID-19.
- Retirement Plans customers can visit the new Nationwide Resource Center to access information, videos, tools, webinars and more to address questions regarding the impact to their retirement accounts.
Nationwide has almost 100 years of experience in being there for our members and partners. We continue to do so in this time of great need. In support of our communities and our mission to protect people, businesses and futures with extraordinary care, the Nationwide Foundation is providing $5 million in national and community response grants to assist non-profits as they manage through the current environment.
We know these are uncertain times and we hope you find confidence in Nationwide’s ability to meet your needs. We have navigated significant challenges before, and time and time again our diverse portfolio and consistent financial performance as a Fortune 100 company has positioned us to fulfill financial obligations and keep the commitments we make well into the future.
So, today, if there is one thing that is certain, it’s that you are not alone. Nationwide and our partners are here for you. Please reach out to your financial professional, agent or Nationwide should you need assistance.
Take care of yourself, your family and friends. As always, thank you for your trust in Nationwide.
Executive Vice President
Chief Customer Officer